Miko Coffee Ltd has an exciting opportunity for a Multi Drop Delivery Driver to join our dispatch team working in Cornwall. We are part of an international coffee service organisation with operations in a dozen European countries and roasting facilities in Belgium and the U.K.
We specialise in tailored solutions for the out of home customer, providing the finest coffee and hot beverages , world class coffee machines , and the highest levels of account management, technical and service and coffee quality support.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- To be aware of the following day’s journey including the logical route of delivery and allowing for any timed drops or other irregularities.
- To check load items, security and all necessary equipment, Paperwork and fuel cards are on board prior to leaving the depot for the day’s journey.
- To check the vehicle in accordance with the drivers daily check sheet and to take action as required before departure.
- To unload goods at the customer’s premises safely, efficiently and always in a considerate and polite fashion taking into account the care and attention for the general public at all times.
- To adhere to transport legislation and take Work time and driving breaks in accordance to the rules in place.
- To be aware of the legal load capacity of the vehicle to be driven.
- To be aware of and how to follow the company procedure for the vehicle breakdowns.
You will also be responsible for and measured by the following criteria:
- Obtaining signatures for stock delivered on account.
- Collecting and keeping secure all monies outstanding to the company as advised verbally or noted on the invoice.
- Being aware of and completing as necessary all company required documentation.
- On return, clearing all empties off the vehicle (unless after 5pm).
- On return, removing all personal possessions and rubbish (cans/bottles etc) from vehicle cabs.
- Ensuring the vehicle is returned with a full tank of fuel.
- Making management aware of all vehicle defects and maintenance requirements as soon as possible via drivers daily check sheet.
- Helping to keep our delivery fleet clean and in good working order at all times.
- Assisting warehouse when required
In return we offer excellent career opportunities within the exciting and growing world of coffee, along with a competitive rate of pay, generous holiday entitlement and various company benefits.
Please only apply if you have the relevant experience. If you are successful with your application you will be invited to attend an interview at our Redruth branch. In the meantime we would like to take this opportunity of thanking you in advance for your interest in Cornish Coffee Ltd.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.00 per hour